Sunday, April 29, 2018

Another Selectric III Dvorak Keyboard Layout - SOLD

FOR SALE:
I refurbished this Selectric III and converted the keyboard to a Dvorak Simplified layout. You can read about the procedure I use to convert the keyboard here> https://ibmselectric.blogspot.com/2017/07/ibm-selectric-dvorak-keyboard.html

It's important to me to retain the dual-velocity operation when changing the keyboard layout. Otherwise, the punctuation characters will strike harder than intended and cut the paper. I custom modify the velocity vane so that it prints with the proper impression force as designed.

This machine made an ideal candidate since it was in great cosmetic condition and it saw very little actual use as it was manufactured in April, 1986, near the end of Selectric production. Starting with a nice machine helps, but I still did a full refurbishment process including chemical wash, synthetic lubrication, new sound reduction foam and much more. I try to make every machine as new again as possible. 

Comes complete with a new vinyl dust cover and a copy of the owner's manual.

SOLD








5 comments:

  1. I am, again, in awe of your abilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Time, patience and attention to detail are the necessary ingredients.

      Delete
  2. and a dash of love, I'm certain :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in buying this typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this brings back memories...I fixed a ton of these in my early years....Gives me the shakes just thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete